Welcome to CIMS Registration
Registering your business with CIMS is a simple three (3) step process, you will be asked to:
- Review and accept the CIMS Terms and Conditions
- Enter your business details and create a Username and Password for your CIMS account
- Purchase a one (1) year CIMS subscription for $100 (including GST). Payment can be made online using either Credit Card or Paypal.
You will need to assign a primary authorised account holder to register and manage your account. The estimated completion time for the registration is approximately ten minutes.
We recommend that you review our CIMS Quick Start Guide for Contractors prior to registering.
Before proceeding please ensure that you have the following information available:
- Australian Business Number (ABN),
- Trading Name
- Contractor contact details (Name, address, phone, email)
- Insurance Broker's contact information (if applicable).
- Electronic copies of your insurance documentation. You can either ask your insurance broker or insurer to email you a copy of your policy documents, or you can scan your hardcopy records to your computer.
Once you complete your registration, you can start uploading your insurance documentation. Your policies will go through a review process by our CIMS consultants which may take up to one (1) week and if sufficient documentation has been provided, we will verify your policies. It is up to the relevant Council/s that you will be contracting for to advise of the types of insurances you are required to have and the coverage amounts.
To obtain verification for your policies, the documentation requirements will differ depending on the insurance type, so it is important to review the Documentation Requirements section of our Quick Start Guide so you will know which documents you need to provide.
The types of insurance policies you will be able to submit for review include but not limited to:
- Workers Compensation;
- Public/Products Liability;
- Contractors Works
- Motor Vehicle and Plant;
- Professional Indemnity.
All insurance documents provided should be current and in force. Check you have provided insurances for all areas of work that you will be contracting for.
To commence the registration process of your business entity, please click on the 'Begin Registration' button below.